Target accepts up to FOUR identical coupons per household per day.
It does not matter what order to present your coupons, unless you are using a $/$$ Target coupon - present that FIRST since it relies on you spending a specific amount in order for it to be used. Present all coupons and cartwheel before any types of payment (checks, cards, gift cards, etc.)
You can stack a Target Coupon with a Manufacturer's Coupon on the same item. You can only use one Target coupon per item (EITHER a printed q or a mobile q - NOT both).
To print Target coupons, go to www.target.com/coupons - oftentimes, these coupons will coincide with sales and/or man-q's so that you can maximize your savings. You can print each coupon a maximum of two times per device. You will probably have to download their coupon printer - it is safe, but is necessary so that coupon will print with a usable barcode (just like coupons.com). Some of these coupons are Target coupons, and some are Manufacturer coupons. Hover over the coupon to see which one it is. Or if you print it out, look at the top of the coupon - it will either say Target Coupon or Manufacturer's Coupon.
Occasionally, Target has coupons that you can get via text message. Details about these coupons can be found in the weekly ad or on signs in the store. You will text the code word to TARGET (827438). You must have the cashier scan the bar code at the top of the mobile coupon. These are Target coupons and can be stacked with MQs.
Cartwheel is an app for added discount on certain items - you can save anywhere from 5% to 50%! Download the app onto your mobile device. You will be given your own unique barcode (some phones have a Widget for the barcode so that it is on your home screen instead of having to open the app for the cashier to scan). Within the app, you can find a list of all the items that currently have a Cartwheel on them; there is also a search bar so you can type in an item. In addition, there is a barcode scanner - if you have time, use this scanner on every single item in your cart before you check out - you never know what you might be able to save on! In order for the Cartwheel to give you the discount, you must select the item within the app. You will have a limited number of spaces, and more will be added as you use it.
Typically you can use your Cartwheel for up to FOUR items per offer per transaction, up to SIX times per day (some offers are more limited - check the details of the offer). And you must have the cashier scan your unique barcode. Cartwheel discounts are applied AFTER Target coupons, and BEFORE man-q's.
Please note - you may also find some $-off coupons within the cartwheel app. These are Manufacturer Coupons and cannot be stacked with any other MQ.
Target does Price Match! There are a few guidelines, however.
* Price Matching is done at the Customer Service Desk
* You CANNOT use a Target Q or Cartwheel on a price-matched item; you can, however, use a Manufacturer's coupon
* If you are AD MATCHING, you must provide a paper or digital copy of the ad and it must be valid for the date you are price matching
* If you are PRICE MATCHING an online price, the Target rep will look up the price on their iPad. The price must be valid at the moment of the price match and must be in stock.
* Typically, Target will not price/ad match between Thanksgiving and Christmas
* Target will price match only certain online retailers. The list of retailers can be found HERE
* When price matching online retailers, the items must be sold by and shipped by that retailer and must be in stock
* They will ad match "competitor's local printed ad"
* Target guarantees their price for up to 14 days after purchase - if there is a lower price (within 14 days of purchase) at any of the places they ad/price match, you can go to customer service for a refund of the difference
Target does not allow you to use coupons on free items...
If you are using a BOGO man-q, you can use ONE additional TQ on those two items
If you are using a BOGO TQ, you can use ONE additional man-q on those two items
Also, if you are using a BOGO man-q, you may NOT use an additional cents-off q on either of those two items (you can't do this at any retailer, but Target has stated it very specifically in their policy)
Target Mobile App
In addition to Cartwheel, there is also a regular Target App. Here you can look at the weekly ad, make a shopping list, and find a store.
Target's Coupon Policy can be found HERE
Full ad match policy can be found HERE
Post by Kim Meroney