Anyways always know your policy below is Tops Markets Coupon policy its in black my writing or guiding you through it will be in red also any opinions I have and some comedy will be in red as well lol. Things I blue are things to really pay attention to!!
Tops Markets is happy to accept your manufacturer coupons under the following guidelines: should say usually is lol
Tops reserves the right to limit the quantities of coupons redeemed per day per customer. They usually don't but they don't like it if you use more then 10 of the same coupon in one transaction atleast at my store they like it when you break them up into more transactions if you self check you should be fine no matter how many (keep in mind as far as gas points for coupon use your better to do transactions of just 10 coupons each that way you get the max of 10 cents off a gallon per transaction you see they give you 10 points per coupon all the way till 10 coupons which is a max of 100 points which is equal to 10 cents a galloon if you use 11 you will not get 110 points it maxes at 100 points for coupon use)
- TOPS reserves the right to accept or reject any coupon. All stores have this right in their policy I have never had it happen to me and you can always just say oh well take that off my order then.
- The coupon must have an expiration date that has not expired. Coupons rarely have a start date but almost all have an expiration date. You can use a coupon on its expiration date. Some stores allow military families to use coupons as much as 6-9months after expiration tops does not.
- Only one (1) manufacturer's paper or Click-to-Card coupon may be used on an item not to exceed the retail price after all TOPS BonusPlus® discounts are applied . You cant use a click to card and a manufacturer coupon a lot of blogs say you can but a lot of times you just lose your coupon I have yet to use a paper coupon and a click to card now that the newer barcodes scan. Also now that they scan you cant get an overage by having them hand typed you could when they were hand typed due to them not tagging or recognizing the price of the item. If you have coupon that will double lets say your item is 1.00 and you have a 75 cent coupon that doubles it will only double for 25 cents free is what you will pay and that is usually as good as tops gets
- TOPS will accept only one (1) manufacturer's paper or Click-to-Card coupon for an advertised Buy One, Get One Free offer. We will not accept a manufacturer's coupon for the product that is received free as part of a Buy One, Get One Free offer. What this means is if you have a buy oe get one sale on lets say chex mix so you put 2 in the cart you have to pay for just one item. If you have a 1 off 2 coupon you have to get 4 chex mix to use the coupon this is because when you get 4 you are getting 2 free but only paying for 2. Same goes with a buy one get one coupon and a buy one get one sale. If you want to use a bogo coupon on a bogo sale you have to get 4 items 2 will be free due to the store sale of the two you have to pay for you use your bogo coupon and pay for just one and get another free you are buying one and getting 3 free
- TOPS will accept one (1) manufacturer's paper or (1) Click-to-Card coupon and one (1) TOPS paper or Click-to-Card coupon for the same item not to exceed the price of the item. No cash will be given back if the coupon value exceeds the value of the item. TOPS can not accept a manufacturer's paper coupon and a Click-to-Card coupon on the same item. This is a lot of redundant talking basically you can use 2 coupons on one item but only if one coupon is a store coupon (very rare) and one is a manufacturer coupon even catalinas (coupons that print at the register) that say manufacturer coupon cant be combined with anything other then a store coupon. Another thing here is a lot of Tops store coupons say one per customer on them so even though like right now I have 10 sabres inserts of tops coupons I can only use 1 of each coupon per transaction.
- Free coupons will be redeemed for the retail value of the item after
discounts or the maximum value stated on the coupon whichever amount is less. This means if you have a coupon that is mailed to your house or found in the newspaper for a free item lets say you have a free Mr Clean coupon for this example and Mr Clean is on sale for 2 dollars a bottle (in my dreams lol) on free coupons there is usually a maximum value lets say the max value is 2.50 the reg price is 3.49 but because its on sale for 2.00 they only subtract that 2 dollars from your order and should accordingly write 2.00 in a blank on the coupon. Example number 2 you have a free gortons fish coupon max value is 8 dollars and the fish is 8.99 even though your coupon states "free" you will only be able to take off 8 dollars from the item so you would still pay 99 cents.
- TOPS does not accept competitors' coupons, including competitors' Catalina, competitors' paper or competitors' electronic coupons. This one here doesn't need much explaining except for if you get a catalina register coupon from rite aid even though its a manufacturer coupon you cant use it at tops
- We will not accept photocopies of any coupons. Making photo copies of coupons is illegal and you can be charged with a felony for doing it so its a no no everywhere
- Under Criminal State Laws, we are required to comply with all manufacturer's coupon requirements. Any other use constitutes fraud.
- If you forget to use your paper coupons at the time of purchase, we will
accept them with your receipt and TOPS BonusPlus® or up to seven (7) days beyond the date on the receipt, provided that the coupon has not expired. This is one of my favorite things about tops they will if you forgot your coupons on your trip and keep your receipt and coupons they will give you your money and take the coupons as long as they have not expired just take coupons and receipt to customer service within the 7 day limit of the reciept
- TOPS does not guarantee in stock conditions on products for manufacturer paper coupons, Click-to-Card coupons, paper internet coupons or $1 Coupon Doublers. Rain Checks will not be issued for any manufacturer's coupon, Click-to-Card Coupon or $1 Coupon Doubler. This is pretty plain you can rain check the sale but if your coupon expires before you can find it in stock then you lose out you cant raincheck or extend the expiration of a coupon
- Where available, TOPS GasPoints® earned on the redemption of
manufacturer's paper coupons limited to 10 coupons/100 TOPS
GasPoints® per household, per day. TOPS GasPoints®: offer
excluded from TOPS store coupons, Super Coupons and Click-to-Card coupons. Offer applicable during TOPS GasPoints® earning time periods. See TopsMarkets.com for details. This is what we discussed above if you use more then 10 coupons in a transactions you cant get more then 100 points a transaction for coupon use and I have to say it pays to split them up into 10 coupon per transaction transctions to maximize gas points I try to keep it to 5 transactions a trip but I have been told if I want to do a ton I can call ahead and they will get me my own checkout and cashier for me
Double Coupon Policy
Customers with a TOPS BonusPlus® will receive double the value of
manufacturer's paper coupons with a face value of up to 99¢. This means if you have a 99 cent coupon you will be able to take off 1.98 from your purchase of that item.
- We reserve the right to limit four (4) double coupons per same item, per day, per household. You can use 5 of the same in a transaction but only 4 will double also if you use (4) 75/1 and (4) 85/1 coupons on the same item they all will double due to the fact that they are different coupons value wise. I have never seen more then 4 of the exact same (value date and expiration) double the registers will not do it yet if you do 4 per transaction you can get them all doubled by breaking the coupons into multiple transactions to get the max savings.
- Coupons with a face value of $1.00 or more will be redeemed at face
value.Double Coupon Policy does not apply to customers without a TOPS BonusPlus®, FREE coupons, manufacturer paper coupons that states Do Not Double, in-store coupons, Catalina coupons, Click-to-Card, or any other retailer coupons. please see the section on coded to double coupons here if you missed that post !!! Catalina say do not double and also if you click details on all their click to card coupons they all say do not double.
- The total value may not exceed the price of the item. Certain items may be excluded by law. The coupon can exceed the value but the best you can get it with the coupons is free at tops
- When available, TOPS limits $1 Coupon Doublers to four (4) $1.00
manufacturer's paper coupons, per household per week, paired with a TOPS $1 Coupon Doubler redeemable during the current offer period only. Coupons of less than or greater than $1.00 value can not be paired with a $1 Coupon Doubler. Ok to start here you can use 4 doublers per transaction. They must be paired with only 1 dollar coupons that will double. Granted we have all heard of them scanning the doublers first but I think the problems with doublers may have been fixed don't quote me there but there was a time there was an issue I have a letter in the last post that I received I carry it with me all doubler weeks the glitch was that if coupons took the total below 20 before the doubler the doublers would not scan which was not how it should be. As long as you total is the required total to use doublers before coupons then you can use them see the letter at the bottom of this post.
We will not accept printed internet coupons for "free" product,
buy-one-get-one-free products or a value greater than $5.00. Ok if your printable says the word FREE on it don't take it to tops lol they will not take printed free item coupons that say free or bogo on them. They also will not take a printed coupon worth more then 5 dollars so take it to rite aid lol
- The coupon must be obtained from a legitimate website. I have never had a printable that was not from a legitimate site so not sure where they are talking about
- We reserve the right to refuse any internet coupon that appears to be
fraudulent, photocopies (mass produced), counterfeit or invalid for any other reason. This is where knowing what cashier you will have or your store in general comes in handy there is no point in duking it out with a cashier if they say they cant take it call a manager and if its still a problem I would just put the item back call corporate or email firstname.lastname@example.org or just try again another