Wags has two different rewards programs - Balance Rewards and Register Rewards. One definite benefit to Wags is that there is no limit to the number of times you can do each deal, as long as you follow the guidelines below. With that said, please note that the store does have the right to limit certain deals.
NEW POLICY - Wags no longer allows you to use a q on a free item. If an item is made free by a store sale, such as Buy 1 detergent Get 2 free, you can only use a man-q on the item that you are being charged an amount for. This is due to their new policy that they will not accept a man-q that has a higher value than the selling price of the item. In the BOGO detergent example, you are being charged $6.49 for the first one, so you can use a q. But you are being charged $0.00 for the other two, and therefore cannot use a man-q on either of those items.
NEW POLICY - as stated above, Wags will NOT ACCEPT any coupon that is a higher value than the selling price of the item. Per corporate policy (link is below) they will not even accept the coupon, even at a lower value.
Balance Rewards (BR), also known as "Points"
As you scan the weekly ad, you will see that some items will give you "points" for your purchase. You must purchase the items listed, in the quantity listed, in one transaction to get the points. You may buy multiples of the same item in the transaction to get the rewards multiple times.
* If the deal requires that you spend a certain amount (Example: Spend $20, get 8000 points), you will not earn the points if you pay with points
* If the deal requires that you purchase a certain number of items (Example: Buy 2, get 2000 points), you CAN pay with points and still earn them.
* You can use coupons and Register Rewards in your transaction and still get the points.
* Points accumulate on your card and expire 3 years after they are earned, or after 6 months of inactivity.
* Points are worth roughly $1 for every 1,000 points. However, if you accumulate a greater amount of points, they are worth more.
-- 1,000 = $1
-- 5,000 = $5
-- 10,000 = $10
-- 18,000 = $20
-- 30,000 = $35
-- 40,000 = $50
Register Rewards (RR)
As you scan the weekly ad, you will see that some items will give you Register Rewards for your purchase. These print out after you pay for your transaction. You can buy multiple items that trigger a RR in the same transaction, as long as you are only doing one of any particular item - you must do separate transactions for identical items.
* You cannot use a RR to pay if you are buying the same item, or the RR won't print out. There are occasionally exceptions to this, but that would be due to a glitch and cannot be counted on. The RR also will not print if the item you are buying is from the same company/family of items.
* In some cases, you cannot pay with an RR by the same company as the item you are buying, or the RR won't print out.
* Each individual RR is considered a man-q. Walgreen's requires that you have at least as many items as you have man-q's. So, count your number of items. Then count the number of coupons you plan to use, including any RRs. If you have more q's than items, you will need a FILLER. A filler is a low-value item (such as a holiday pencil or a piece of taffy) that you put into your transaction in order to be able to use your RRs. This is only necessary if you have more coupons/RRs than items. (Wags q's DO NOT count against your coupon-to-item ratio)
* RRs do expire, usually two weeks after earning - the expiration date will be printed on the RR.
Beauty Enthusiast Club
Walgreens has recently started a new promotion to earn points on beauty purchases. Every $50 spent on beauty gets you 5000 points. Included in this promo: cosmetics, skin care, hair care, oral care, and grooming products. You must sign up for this promotion. GO HERE to sign up!
Every month, Wags puts out a Monthly Savings Booklet. These can be found at the front of each store, usually next to the sales ad. You do not need to remove the q from the book - the cashier just has to scan it. The q will apply to all applicable items in your transaction; it does not have to be scanned multiple times.
There are also usually coupons in the sales flyers. Typically, there is a limit imposed with these q's. Look at the individual q for any limits.
You can stack Wags coupons with man-q's for greater savings!
Walgreens offers paperless (clip-to-card) coupons through their app. You simply clip these to your card and they will be automatically applied during your transaction. These are typically manufacturer coupons and cannot be stacked with other manufacturer coupons. Sometimes, there are clip-to-card coupons for bonus points and these vary by user.
Walgreens Coupon Policy
Post by Kim Meroney